Perfectly blending a level of difficulty that isn’t infuriating, but may well see you lurching for a guide on occasion, with the magical puzzle elements that made Portal so captivating, is Q.U.B.E. First releasing way back in 2012, this fiendish puzzler sees players utilise some pretty impressive handwear to manipulate a number of blocks in their environment, making their way through a variety of growingly complex levels.
Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary sees the original Q.U.B.E., 2014’s Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut and an all-new set of levels releasing today on Xbox and PC, with a Switch and PlayStation version to arrive in the coming days. Not only does this special edition of the hit puzzler refresh the futuristic first-person graphics with modern, up-to-date visuals, players are also treated to some new developer commentary (in addition to that added back in 2014), as well as concept art and more detailing the production of the original Q.U.B.E..
11 Reasons Why Portal 2 is the Greatest Game of All Time
However, it’s wherein the new gameplay content lies that will attract returners and newbies to the series in equal abundance. Sector 8 is a brand-new chapter to the game, acting as a DLC unlocked after finishing the main campaign. This brings approximately four-six hours of added gameplay to the mix; a true test of your skills.
- Q.U.B.E. – The original 2012 version of the game with improved visuals, new puzzles and gameplay tweaks from player feedback
- Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut – The 2014 version of the game with a voice-over narrative and revised soundtrack
- Sector 8 – A whole new chapter to the game, unlocked after completing the campaign. This provides 4-6 hours of brand new puzzle gameplay
- Fresh visuals, with the game entirely rebuilt from the ground up
- Brand New Developer Commentary – The dev team reminisces about how they made the game
- Assorted Extras – Screenshots, concept art, fully playable soundtracks in the menus, and other trinkets from the making of the game.
This truly is the best way to experience one of the most captivating puzzle titles in the last decade: Portal fans really must check this one out, even if it is through tears produced as Portal 3 is nowhere to be seen. Now all we need is a remastered Q.U.B.E. 2 to play through!
On Xbox Series X|S (no Xbox One love here), Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary is available on the Xbox Store for £14.99. Alternatively, this title is ready to play over on PC, with a PlayStation and Switch release on the horizon.
Keep an eye out for a review from us soon.
Serving as the ultimate celebration of a decade’s worth of brain-twisting first-person action, Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary adds refined visuals, completely redesigned and revised gameplay sections, and a whole new chapter to a fresh take on the classic puzzler entirely rebuilt from the ground up. The new chapter – dubbed Sector 8 – offers an additional 4-6 hours of gameplay, adding fresh content to an anniversary edition that will also allow players to take on either the original 2012 version of the game, or 2014’s Director’s Cut complete with its voice-over narrative and revised soundtrack – both with Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary’s stunning new visuals.
Keyword: Puzzle fans rejoice – Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary releases on Xbox and PC>